Tuesday, September 8, 2026

UE5/Perforce Basics

For the second technical art assignment, we had to go through the basics of Perforce (marking for add, submitting, etc.), the basics of Unreal, and build a fantasy house, migrating assets. 

I have started by going through the asset pack of Fantasy House and have realized that I wanted to incorporate more props into the scene; that's why I have decided to use an additional asset pack called AbandonedBuilding.

After deciding on what asset packs to use, I have started to build out the scene. I have started with the floor layout to define the confines of the house and built the walls.



The second thing I worked on was adding details inside. I have added beds, desks, books, and shelves. I like to keep a story in mind when working on an environment, and for this, I imagined an abandoned camp where students not only lived but also studied.





After adding the details, I added simple lighting to the rooms, which I am going to improve in future iterations of this scene.

Perforce Submission





No comments:

Post a Comment