Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Intro to Blueprints

  For the blueprints technical art assignment, we have started working with blueprints. I had barely any experience in Unreal Engine prior to this assignment, so everything looked very new and overwhelming for me. I have started by practicing with easier blueprints.



I started with the falling ladder; for that, I used a rotator. When you press "G," the ladder rotates by 90 degrees to give the impression of it falling, including the timeline


Also, there are a few blueprints, which are done to give hints to a player printg text on the screen when colliding with the trigger box. They print out only once because of the Do once node


After G is pressed, the emissive intensity of the radioactivity sign is changed; it becomes much more green emissive to tell the player where to go. This is the dynamic material blueprint





There is a huge trigger box at the bottom of the level that teleports the player in case he fails to go through the fallen ladder and prints out the message "try again"

After going through another trigger box, there is a message printed out, prompting the player to jump on the platform. There is a trigger box on a platform, which goes down fast as soon as the trigger box has been collided with, and at the bottom there is another trigger box, which teleports the player to a different environment and traps him










No comments:

Post a Comment