Monday, August 31, 2026

Module 1 Week 1 MeetMatt Project



The design for the MeetMatt project I have been working on was inspired by the oxidation of copper. I really love to see when copper, initially orange, becomes more and more green when exposed to air; it gives a visual representation of time passing. The main idea was to combine copper with something out of this world, like space in this case. The head of MeetMat is filled with stars and constellations.

In this project, I have used the Alumni material as a base, trying to achieve the copper-like look using the MatFinish Galvanized filter and the Curvature generator. I have also used blur slope for several effects, like copper defects at the edges of the base podium and the base of the legs. I have used multiple masks (black and white) to be able to make the coloring of the MeetMatt easier. It also helped to use different materials for the helmet and glass face.

No comments:

Post a Comment